“Discover great films”. With this motto, En Lefko is launching its first film festival from April 26 to May 3. The 1st En Lefko Film Festival is the new cinema celebration in Athens, deep in the heart of spring. By displaying unexplored movie diamonds, urban stories of artistic creation and organizing parties and happenings, the festival aims to overcome the constraints between movie genres, recommend the hottest cinema trends and open the dialogue on artistic expression and entertainment.
Structure of the festival
- Under the Radar: Movies that have been presented in famous International Film Festivals, but never in Athens.
- Red Carpet: Premieres by the world’s cinema stars.
- On Air: Music documentaries to make us dance!
- Small Screen on Big Screen: Finally, a Film Festival in Athens includes TV masterpieces on the big screen.
- Get Creative: Everyone will have the chance to win by creating small videos of their everyday lives and posting them on Social Media.
- Tributes: Homage to great creators of cinema, themed screenings and more!
- Midnight Thrills: After midnight screenings for horror and comedy fans.
The most movie-screenings will be displayed on Danaos and Ideal cinemas. Parties and other themed happenings will take place during the festival.
Featured films and Happenings
Drive-In on Lycabettus Hill: Several decades after the opening of the first Drive-In in New Jersey, the En Lefko Film Festival is giving Athenians the chance to enjoy both the Drive-In experience and the classic film, Bonnie and Clyde, on the Lycabettus Hill!
The Lost City of Z: At the dawn of the 20th century, British explorer Percy Fawcett journeys into the Amazon. There he discovers evidence of a previously unknown, advanced civilization that may have once inhabited the region.
Planetarium: In 1930s France, two sisters who are able to communicate with ghosts meet a visionary producer while performing in Paris.
Goodnight Brooklyn – The Story of Death By Audio: A chronicle of the origins and the closure of one of Brooklyn’s best DIY venues.
The Girl from the Song: A young musician travels to Burning Man, a psychedelic festival. All in an attempt to get the impetuous girl he is in love with.